2nd annual PVAS Native Plant Sale:
Promoting Pollinators in the Panhandle
PVAS annually invites vendors to sell high-quality native plants that benefit pollinators.
Plants native to North America with preference to regional varieties (including annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees) are preferred and all must be neonicotinoid free. PVAS sells butterfly weed and swamp milkweed at the event through a partnership with The Monarch Alliance of Washington County. (The public can preorder these plants at the PVAS store.) Garden art, honey, photography and other related products are included in the event, as will information and experts on native pollinators and native plants.
Held in conjunction with “GardenFest” and the Back Alley Garden Tour and Tea in Shepherdstown, WV, the intent of this event is to provide high-quality native plants to our members and the larger community, with a focus on plants that benefit pollinators in trouble like the native bees and Monarch Butterfly.
Accepted vendors provide plants that are native to North America. Regional varieties are preferred (including annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees) and all plants must be neonicotinoid free. Further, vendors are encouraged to sell plants beneficial to pollinators such as bees and butterflies. Information about pollinator plants and beneficial insects are available at the event.
Confirmed 2017 Vendors:
- Sunshine Farm and Garden (www.sunfarm.com)
- Bluebell Ridge Nursery, Sharpsburg, MD
- PVAS (selling Butterfly Weed supplied by Sunny Meadows Nursery)
- Shary’s Garden Art, Berkeley Springs, WV (Bird baths, bird feeders, and other creative garden items)
- Sustainable Solutions, Shepherdstown WV (Land management services including grassland restoration, wildflower meadow plantings, controlled burns, and more.)
- Stadler Nurseries, Frederick, WV
- Master Gardeners of Berkeley – Jefferson Counties (gardening and education group)
- Cooper Captures, Shepherdstown, WV (nature photography)