- This event has passed.
Nature Journaling on the Trails of Cool Spring Preserve
Saturday, January 23, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place on the trails of Cool Spring Preserve.
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own blanket to sit on or picnic chair of their own for use on the trails while journaling.
Experience winter with nature journaling!
Start off the year with a new habit, or continue building on your Nature Journaling experiences as we kick off 2021 at Cool Springs Preserve. We’ll be checking on our favorite Chinkapin Oak trees with their winter branches in full splendor, and watching for hoar frost along the creek. Many of the grasses and wildflowers are also visible with their winter silhouettes, spent flowers, and seed pods. If we’re lucky enough to have a bit of snow, we may be able to follow a few tracks. If you’re in the mood to stay in one place and watch the world go by, there is always action at the bird feeders, too.
Winter is splendid, no matter the weather, so dress for the weather, and tune in to your senses. Come with your nature journal supplies, a chair (if you’d like), and water. We’ll meet on the back deck of the Cool Springs office to share prompts and say hello, meander the trails and fields at our own pace, and eventually return again to the back deck to add details to our work and share inspiration.
Whether you’ve been keeping journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts.
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring water, and wear warm, comfortable walking shoes/boots.
- Bring binoculare and/or loupe for observation.
- Bring your own chair for use out in the preserve, if you would like one.
Please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.