Our Homeschool Adventures programs are designed to introduce homeschool students to specific nature-based themes, with the goal of helping students better understand the natural world and their connection to it.
Programs for Ages 5-12
Programs are usually held at our Cool Spring Preserve twice a month (usually on Thursdays) from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- $12/child for members; $15/child for the general public. If you are not a member, but would like to become one and receive the member discount/additional member perks, click here.
- To accommodate families with siblings, separate sessions for 5-7 year olds and 8-12 year olds will be offered at the same time.
- All programs include time outside for nature exploration, so please wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable for hiking and suitable for the weather.
- Pre-registration for each program is required.
- Registration for multiple children must be done individually.
- A minimum of six participants is needed to conduct the program. The instructor will cancel the program if the minimum is not reached.
We know that many parents often need to bring their younger children to the program. While younger siblings will not be allowed to participate in any program activities, we have a “Kid’s Corner” in our nature center that parents and young children can enjoy during the program. Parents must supervise any children not participating in the program at all times.
Parents are welcome to stay for the duration of the program, but are not required to do so. However, if your child is disruptive or distressed during your absence, you may be asked to stay for future sessions.
Parents must register their child for the appropriate age group. If you feel that your child would be better suited to an older group, please understand an assessment of your child’s capabilities must be made by an instructor before a switch is possible. There is no guarantee that your request will be accommodated, as we need to ensure that the switch does not impact the experience for other students.
If inclement weather is in the forecast and the instructor decides to cancel or reschedule a program, you will be notified by e-mail either the day before the program or by 8:30 a.m. on the day of the program.
Fees are refundable if the program is cancelled by instructor, or cancelled by parent more than one week in advance. If you need to cancel for a session you’ve registered for, please notify the lead instructor, Amy Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) , as soon as possible.
Upcoming Events › Homeschool Programs
- No matching events listed under Homeschool Programs. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Please register each child individually.
Programs By Request
Want to schedule a homeschool program for your group? We offer 2-hour programs by request for groups of 6 or more homeschoolers. Some programs can be held at our other Preserves upon request. You can choose one of the following programs:
|Skulls and Bones||Ages 5 & up||$10/child|
|Animal Signs||Ages 5 & up||$10/child|
|Decomposition Detectives||Ages 5 & up||$10/child|
|Birding Basics||Ages 8 & up||$10/child|
|Invasive Plants||Ages 8 & up||$10/child|
|Watershed Program (2 sessions)||Ages 8 & up||$20/child|
If you would like to schedule a program, e-mail Amy Moore at email@example.com.
- Adult Programs
- Youth Programs
- Teacher Resources
- School Programs