This fun program is aimed at pre-school children (aged 3-5) and is designed to provide opportunities for small children to explore nature together safely under the guidance of an experienced PVAS instructor. A parent, grandparent or guardian must accompany children.
- Two sessions of identical programs are held each month at Cool Spring Preserve from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Pre-registration for each program is required.
- A minimum of six participants is needed to conduct the program. The instructor will cancel the program if the minimum is not reached.
- Maximum program size is 10 children.
- A parent or guardian must accompany the child.
If you have any questions, please contact Laurel Schwartz at Laurel@PotomacAudubon.org
Winter 2023 Themes:
December – Animal Tracks and Trails
January – Furry Friends
February – All About Beavers
Spring 2023 Themes:
March – Spring Scavenger Hunt
As Spring is beginning, we are excited to look for signs of life around Cool Spring Preserve! Together, we will go on a scavenger hunt around the preserve, looking for signs of the new season.
April – Investigating Insects
Join us as we check out insects and their homes. We will learn what an insect is and have fun exploring the preserve and looking for insects in all kinds of places!
May – Creek Day!
Come explore creek life with us! We will go on a big adventure to the creek together and learn about some of the critters that call the creek home. Depending on weather and creek conditions, we could dip our toes in and check it out. Both children and adults are required to wear water shoes in the creek, should you choose to get in.
- Schools & Teachers