- This event has passed.
Autumn Tree Identification Walk at Eidolon Nature Preserve
Saturday, October 9, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Autumn Tree Identification Field Trip Leader: Herb Peddicord
PVMN Continuing Education Re-Cert Eligible
This event is open to the public, however, registration is required. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required (if you can no longer attend, please notify AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org so that others may attend)
- Outdoor only (use of an outside port-o-pot will be available)
- We require that everyone have a mask with them and masks will be encouraged when in a group setting
- Respect the 6+ feet apart/physical distancing guidelines when possible
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home
Join PVAS for an Autumn Tree Identification Walk at Eidolon Nature Preserve
Join Herb Peddicord for a fall tree identification field trip at PVAS’s Eidolon Nature Preserve. This is a family-friendly event that will teach you how to identify trees and shrubs by such factors as their leaves, shapes, branching habits, twigs and buds, and bark.
The front gate will be open and participants will meet at 10:00am at the large parking lot of Eidolon Nature Preserve, 2146 Orleans Road
Great Cacapon, WV 25422
(look for the green gate)
Trip leader, Herb Peddicord, is from Ohio. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in forestry resource management from the University of Idaho. Retired from the WV Division of Forestry, Herb now has his own Forestry Management consultant business called “Erb n’ Woods”. He is married with three daughters and lives in Martinsburg, WV.
Those who participate should be sure to dress warmly, wear sturdy footwear and bring along drinking water. In addition, the mosquitos at Eidolon are plentiful this time of year. Please make sure to bring along insect repellant and dress with long sleeves and pants.
If you have questions, please contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org or call the Cool Spring Preserve Nature Center at 681-252-1387.