- This event has passed.
Nature Journaling Gathering at the Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship
Saturday, February 20, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place on the trails of the Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship.
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own picnic chair for use on the trails while journaling.
Experience winter with nature journaling!
Whether you’re reveling in winter or ready to welcome spring, join us at the Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship to embrace the shortest month of the year. BRCES has many trails, with something for everyone. On your way to their Educational Pavilion (where we’ll meet), you’ll pass a lovely pond for bird watching, and a large goldenrod meadow along a woodland edge. If you’re curious to hike the trails, you can choose to wander up into a rocky woodland with beautiful moss and lichen covered rock formations, or to wander down along the streams with ironwood and beech trees as your company. The skunk cabbage may even be in bloom.
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring water, and wear warm, comfortable walking shoes/boots.
- Bring binoculars and/or loupe for observation.
- Bring your own chair for use out in the preserve, if you would like one.
Please contact Krista Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.