- This event has passed.
Potomac Valley Audubon Society’s Virtual Monthly Program: Land-Based Aquaculture Research
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Presenter: Christine Lepine
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
This event is free and will be presented LIVE via zoom. Everyone is welcome to join.
The Potomac Valley Audubon Society welcomes Christine Lepine, Research Associate with the Conservation Fund Freshwater Institute.
The Conservation Fund Freshwater Institute (TCFFI) – located in Shepherdstown, WV – is a facility specializing in the research and development of sustainable aquaculture systems and clean water technologies. Join Christine to learn about the importance of aquaculture to food and water security and for an overview of TCFFI projects and collaborations.
Highlights will include, but are not limited to:
- international research on recirculating aquaculture systems (an innovative fish production technology that reuses water and wastes and minimizes environmental impact)
- brown and rainbow trout restocking in support of MD DNR’s recreational fishing program
- brook trout research with WV DNR.
Christine Lepine is a Research Associate with TCFFI, currently involved in waste-to-value oriented research. This scope of work aims to recoup value from aquaculture products through bioenergy production and nutrient recapture. Past research projects have focused on clean water technologies, such as biofilters and bioreactors, for both point- and non-point sources.
Christine holds a B.S. from Shepherd University in Environmental Studies: Resource Management, and an M.S. from The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Natural Resources and Environmental Science.
Join the program via zoom:
Potomac Valley Audubon Society is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: PVAS Monthly Program
Time: Oct 14, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 897 1588 1595
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,89715881595#,,,,,,0#,,238590# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,89715881595#,,,,,,0#,,238590# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 897 1588 1595
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kqj4r2O6T
Please contact Krista Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.
• If you are unfamiliar with Zoom,you can join a test meeting by visiting https://zoom.us/test to familiarize yourself with the application and to test the audio and video, if applicable, of your device.
• To download the free app visit: https://zoom us/download
• Join the meeting at least five minutes early to enable time to work through technical challenges.
• Keep audio muted unless actively speaking (if connected via telephone audio, dial *6 to mute/unmute).
• If joining via computer, connect in an area with a strong Wi-Fi connection.
• If joining via cellphone,connect in an area with a strong cell signal.
To Join Via Computer, Tablet or Smartphone
- Click the meeting URL. Please note the meeting URL is specific to the meeting, date and time.
- If this is your first-time using Zoom on your device, follow the on- screen prompts.a. If you are using a mobile device, and you have not downloaded the free app, you will be prompted to download and install the Zoom app.
b. If you are using a computer, and you have not downloaded the free app, your browser will download a small application to launch Zoom.
- If you have used Zoom previously, you may be prompted to run an update due to recent security concerns. Please be certain to run the update to protect your meeting connection.
- Once you are logged in, you will be placed into the waiting room and allowed to enter by the host.
To Join Via Telephone
Note: Your phone service provider will calculate and issue any charges when you connect via telephone. Zoom’s website states, “…calls will be treated as a regular phone call.”
1. Dial the conference number provided on the agenda and zoom meeting information provided.
2. When prompted, enter the 11-digit meeting ID followed by #.
3. If you are using a cell phone, merely click on the phone number in the one tap mobile section and it will dial everything for you.