An Evening Owl Prowl at Cool Spring Preserve
Friday, October 15 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
This event is free and open to the public, however, registration is required. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required (if you can no longer attend, please notify AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org so that others may attend)
- Outdoor only (use of an outside port-o-pot will be available)
- We require that everyone have a mask with them and masks will be encouraged when in a group setting
- Respect the 6+ feet apart/physical distancing guidelines when possible
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home
Join PVAS for an evening Owl Prowl at Cool Spring Preserve
Enjoy an evening learning about and searching for owls with Amy Moore, PVAS’s Lead Teacher and Naturalist . The evening will start on the back deck of the Nature Center, where we will discuss unique adaptations of owls, study various owl specimens and learn the calls of different species.
The hike will cover up to 1 mile over gentle hills and uneven terrain. We will listen and look for Eastern Screech Owls, Great Horned Owls, and Barred Owls.
Please dress warmly, wear sturdy shoes, and bring drinking water and a flashlight. Binoculars are also encouraged if you have them, however some will be available for those that need them.
Please contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org or call 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.