Bird Walk at the USGS Easter Ecological Science Center
Saturday, December 4 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am
Trip Leaders: Christine Densmore & Beth Poole
This event is free and open to the public, registration is required and limited to 12 participants. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required and limited to 12 participants (if you can no longer attend, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that others may attend).
- Outdoor only (no bathrooms will be available)
- We encourage masks be worn when in a group setting
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines when possible
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home.
- A reminder from eBird to please bird mindfully: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Join PVAS on a Bird Walk at the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center (Formally Leetown Science Center/Fish Health Lab) property!
Our expert birders are offering regular walks at the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center property and are excited with what it has to offer! The size is not excessively large, but the bird species are diverse and the quality of the wetland is excellent. The property has a mix of open ponds and woods; offering different species. The route is generally flat, with some gradual hills.
This bird walk is open to the public and children are welcome to attend with an adult. This walk begins at 7:30 am and participants may depart any time prior to 10:30 am, if needed.
Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy walking shoes and bring along drinking water & insect repellent.
The address for the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center is 407 Reservoir Road, just off Leetown Road in Leetown. To search for it on Internet mapping sites, enter 407 Reservoir Road, Kearneysville, WV.
Please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.