- This event has passed.
Late Fall Nature Journaling at Stauffer’s Marsh
Saturday, November 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place on the trails of Stauffer’s Marsh.
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own blanket to sit on or picnic chair of their own for use on the trails while journaling.
Experience fall with nature journaling!
Visit Stauffer’s Marsh, our fourth and final of the PVAS preserves for the year, where we will find wide open wetland views, the rolling woodland area along Back Creek towards the back side of the preserve, and an emerging meadow on the final section of the loop. With something for everyone, we’ll have our eyes open for autumn birds, grasses and wildflowers in seed, evidence of beavers and foxes, and much more.
Come with your nature journal supplies, a chair (if you’d like), and water. We’ll meet at the parking lot, meander the trails at our own pace, and eventually return again to the open space near the kiosk to add details to our work and share techniques and exercises to inspire our nature journal habits.
Whether you’ve been keeping journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts.
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring bug spray and water, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring binoculare and/or loupe for observation.
- Bring your own chair for use out in the preserve, if you would like one.
Please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.