- This event has passed.
Mid-Summer Bird Walk at USGS Fish Health Lab
Saturday, July 11, 2020 @ 7:30 am - 10:30 am
Trip Leaders: Heather Walsh and Karli Rogers
This event is free and open to the public, however, in order to follow the best practice local, state and national guidelines, registration is required and limited to 8 participants. Please register below.
- Registration is required and limited to 8 participants (if you can no longer attend, please notify email@example.com so that others may register).
- Outdoor only (no bathrooms will be available).
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home.
- A reminder from eBird to please bird mindfully https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Join PVAS on a Summer Bird Walk at the USGS Fish Health Lab property!
Our expert birders are offering regular walks at the Fish Health Lab property and are excited with what it has to offer! The size is not excessively large, but the bird species are diverse and the quality of the wetland is excellent. The property has a mix of open ponds and woods; offering different species. The route is generally flat, with some gradual hills.
This bird walk is open to the public and children are welcome to attend with an adult.
Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy walking shoes and bring along drinking water and insect repellent. Binoculars will be provided if needed.
The address for the USGS Leetown Science Center is 407 Reservoir Road, just off Leetown Road in Leetown. To search for it on Internet mapping sites, enter 407 Reservoir Road, Kearneysville, WV.
Please contact Krista Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.