- This event has passed.
Mid-Summer Nature Journaling at Yankauer
Saturday, July 18, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place under the pavilion and on the trails of Yankauer.
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own blanket to sit on or picnic chair of their own for use on the trails while journaling.
Celebrate summer with nature journaling!
Are you in the mood to explore deep shaded cedar groves, observe flora and fauna around small sinkholes, wander into edgelands of wild milkweed, mullein and wingstem, or stroll out to the Potomac River overlook in hopes of observing morning birds? Join us at Yankauer Nature Preserve for a morning of nature journaling, gathering your observations in both words and images. We’ll be able to walk the trails, relax at tables under the shaded pavilion, and share techniques and exercises to inspire our nature journal habits.
Whether you’ve been keeping journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts.
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring bug spray and water, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring binoculare and/or loupe for observation.
- There are multiple tables at the pavilion. Bring your own chair for use out in the preserve, if you would like one.
- The composting restrooms will be closed, so please plan accordingly. Additionally, the water spigot is functioning, but not potable at this time.
Please contact Krista Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.