- This event has passed.
Monarch Tagging at Cool Spring Preserve
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
This event is free and open to the public, however, registration is required. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required (if you can no longer attend, please notify Amy@PotomacAudubon.org so that others may attend)
- Outdoor only (use of an outside port-o-pot will be available)
- We require that everyone have a mask with them and masks will be encouraged when in a group setting
- Respect the 6+ feet apart/physical distancing guidelines when possible
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home
Join PVAS and The Monarch Alliance for a Monarch Tagging Event at Cool Spring Preserve
The Monarch butterfly’s migration to Mexico began in early August, near Winnipeg, Manitoba. The migration peaks in our area the third week in September, so this is a perfect time for Monarch tagging!
This is a family-friendly event open to everyone, although children should be accompanied by an adult.
Participants should meet at the back deck (just down from the parking lot) of the Nature Center. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, bring along your mask, insect repellent and drinking water. Tagging nets will be provided.
If you have questions, please contact Amy Moore at Amy@PotomacAudubon.org
Registration is required for this event. Please use the registration form below: