- This event has passed.
Native Tree and Plant Sale
Saturday, October 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
We hope to see you at the PVAS Native Tree and Plant Sale on Saturday, October 12 at Yankauer Nature Preserve! All proceeds from the sale will go toward managing our four nature preserves, as well as our conservation initiatives.
PVAS Land and Conservation Manager, KC Walters, has been busy nursing a variety of native trees for you to purchase. We have over 100 baby trees, comprised of 22 different species, in need of forever homes – check out the list of species available for purchase:
- Boxelder (Acer negundo)
- Silver Maple (Acer saccharinum)
- Red Chokeberry (Aronia arbutifolia)
- Black Chokeberry (Aronia melanocarpa)
- Bitternut Hickory (Carya cordiformus)
- Red Bud (Cercis Canadensis)
- Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida)
- Gray Dogwood (Cornus racemosa)
- Red Osier Dogwood (Cornus sericea)
- Hazelnut (Corylus americana)
- Hawthorn (Crataegus phaenopyrum)
- White Ash (Fraxinus americana)
- Winterberry Holly (Ilex verticillata)
- Red Cedar (Juniperus virginiana)
- Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipfera)
- Sweetbay Magnolia (Magnolia virginiana)
- Blackgum (Nyssa sylvatica)
- Pitch Pine (Pinus rigida)
- Sycamore (Platanus occidentalis)
- Black Cherry (Prunus serotina)
- Swamp White Oak (Quercus bicolor)
- Chestnut Oak (Quercus montana)
There will also be additional vendors with nature-related wares and information…this is a great opportunity to get a jump-start on your holiday shopping! This will also be your last chance to purchase (and possibly even win) birdseed from our 38th Annual Bird Seed Sale.
If you have any questions or are interested in more details, get in touch with KC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 283-7319.