- This event has passed.
Nature Journaling at Rita’s Meadow
Saturday, October 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 9 participants; please register below.
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration for October is limited to 9 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place on the trails of Rita’s Meadow.
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own blanket to sit on or picnic chair of their own for use on the trails while journaling.
Exploring and recording in a native meadow with nature journaling!
Park at the house along the gravel, and bring your own nature journal supplies, chair (if you’d like one), and water. We’ll meet in an open area near the house, walk the mown edges and trails of the meadow while we observe and journal, and eventually return to the open space again to add details to our work and share techniques and exercises to inspire our nature journal habits.
Whether you’ve been keeping journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts.
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring bug spray and water, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring binoculare and/or loupe for observation.
- Bring your own chair for use out in the meadow if you would like one.
Please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.