- This event has passed.
Solstice Nature Journaling Gathering at Cool Spring Preserve
Saturday, December 18, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Carolyn Duckworth
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 12 participants; please register below.
- Outdoor only (if rain, the group may head inside the Nature Center)
- Mask wearing is encouraged when in close physical contact (and if inside)
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines when possible
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one)
- Participants may bring their own picnic chair for use on the trails while journaling
In celebration of Winter Solstice, join us at Cool Spring Preserve for our biannual solstice gathering, led by Carolyn Duckworth. Carolyn has been keeping nature journals for decades, from Yellowstone to Harpers Ferry, and will share techniques and exercises, in both words and images, to inspire our nature journal habits.
Come with your nature journal supplies, a chair (if you’d like), and water. We’ll meet in the back area of the Cool Spring Nature Center to share prompts and say hello, meander the trails and fields at our own pace, and eventually return again to the back area to add details to our work and share inspiration.
Whether you’ve been keeping nature journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts.
Bring your journal, any supplies you prefer, and an open mind to trying new materials and techniques. If you have journals that you have created, bring them along to share as inspiration.
Please dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.