- This event has passed.
Outdoor Adventure Camp: Session 1
Monday, July 8 @ 9:00 am - Friday, July 12 @ 3:00 pm
Monday- Friday • 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
With Yankauer Nature Preserve as our home base, we’ll embark on a different adventure each day! Go caving, practice archery and survival skills and learn to orienteer so you can create your own compass scavenger hunt! Campers will need to be dropped off at the C&O parking lot under the Shepherdstown Bridge on Wednesday where we will be conducting a stream study. On Thursday night, we’ll camp out at the preserve!
Entering grades 6-8
$210 members / $ 230 non- members
Monday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Survival Skills- Debris hut building, whittling, fire building
Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Caving Trip lead by Go Adventures caving guide. See website for more details.
Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Stream study at the Potomac River, Drop off and Pick Up: C&O parking lot under the Shepherdstown Bridge
Thursday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, drop off for camp out at 7:00 PM
- Camp-out at Yankauer, fire building challenge, and S’mores
- Parents do not stay for the overnight camp out. If you have you own tent, we encourage you to bring it as we have a limited number to share. If you do not have a tent, we will provide your child with one. (See packing list below)
Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Survival skills- Water purification, wild edible foods, knot tying, “The Ultimate Survival Challenge”
© 2019 · Potomac Valley Audubon Society powered by the Downstream Network