- This event has passed.
Potomac Valley Audubon Society’s Monthly Program: How a Weather Forecast is Made
Wednesday, January 12 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Presenter: Mark Fresch, Technical Director of the Hyrdological Ensemble Forecast Service, National Weather Service’s Office of Water Prediction (OWP).
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free virtual event.
The Potomac Valley Audubon Society welcomes Mark Fresch as he presents, “How a Weather Forecast is Made”.
Join PVAS for their January Monthly Program where Mark Fresch will give us an in-depth look at how a weather forecast is made.
- Different sources of weather data
- Basics of how satellites and radar work
- How radars ‘see’ birds, among other things
- Basics of a weather model
- Different types of weather models, e.g the “American” and “European” models
The Monthly Program will be held via Zoom.
Please contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 879 8599 2079