- This event has passed.
Saw-Whet Owl Banding Station Field Trip
Thursday, November 12, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
This event has reached its capacity and registration is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Trip Leader: Bob Dean
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
This event is free and open to the public, however, in order to follow the best practice local, state and national guidelines, registration is required and limited to 3 participants. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required and limited to 3 participants (if you can no longer attend, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that others may attend)
- Three separate, small-group, Owl Banding Trips are being offered – please register for only one trip in order to give as many as possible the opportunity to attend
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home
Join Bob Dean at his Saw-Whet Owl Banding Station for his annual Banding Field Trips.
Sign up for this wonderful opportunity to see first hand how local birding expert, Bob Dean, catches, bands and releases Saw-Whet Owls.
The group will meet at the Martin’s Food (on Roaring Lion Drive) parking lot in Hedgesville on Thursday, November 12 at 5:00 pm. The group will then travel (in their own car) about 10 minutes to the owl banding station. The length of stay at the banding station will depend on if owls are being caught and there is activity enough to warrant staying late.
Participants should bring folding chairs and warm clothing for comfort as there will be a wait between net checks.
Due to the length of the evening, folks may want to bring along dinner or a snack and something to drink.
This event will be postponed in the event of foul weather. The owls will not be flying in wet or windy conditions. A rain date is set for Friday, November 13.
For more information, please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387.