- This event has passed.
Spring Bird Walk at Shannondale Springs Wildlife Management Area
Saturday, April 17 @ 7:30 am - 10:30 am
Trip Leader: Sandy Sagalkin
This event is free and open to the public, however, in order to follow the best practice guidelines, registration is required and limited to 9 participants. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required and limited to 9 participants (if you can no longer attend, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that others may attend).
- Outdoor only (no bathrooms will be available)
- Masks must be worn when physical distancing can not be practiced
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home.
- A reminder from eBird to please bird mindfully: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Join PVAS on a spring bird walk at Shannondale Springs Wildlife Management Area
Meeting Location: Parking lot at boat launch (Click here to view exact location via Google Maps)
Join Sandy Sagalkin for a bird walk at Shannondale Springs Widlife Management Area!
The walk will cover approximately 3 miles over mostly level ground, although some hilly, uneven terrain will be encountered. The trail can also be wet and muddy during the spring season, so please wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
Bird species expected to be seen include spring migrants passing through our area and returning summer breeding birds. These include Baltimore and Orchard Oreoles, Yellow-Breasted Chats, White Eyed Vireos, American Redstarts and other migrants.
Participants should also bring drinking water, a snack and insect repellent. Binoculars will be available.