- This event has passed.
Spring Bird Walk at the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center (Formally Leetown Science Center/Fish Health Lab)
Saturday, April 10 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 am
Thank you for your interest in this bird walk, however registration has reached its capacity and the event is now full. We hope you can join us on one of our other upcoming bird walks.
Trip Leaders: Christine Densmore & Bob Dean
This event is free and open to the public, however, in order to follow the best practice local, state and national guidelines, registration is required and limited to 8 participants. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required and limited to 8 participants (if you can no longer attend, please notify email@example.com so that others may attend).
- Outdoor only (no bathrooms will be available
- Masks must be worn – there is currently a federal mandate that masks are required in indoor and outdoor activities on federal properties.
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home.
- A reminder from eBird to please bird mindfully: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Join PVAS on a Spring Bird Walk at the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center (Formally Leetown Science Center/Fish Health Lab) property!
Our expert birders are offering regular walks at the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center property and are excited with what it has to offer! The size is not excessively large, but the bird species are diverse and the quality of the wetland is excellent. The property has a mix of open ponds and woods; offering different species. The route is generally flat, with some gradual hills.
This bird walk is open to the public and children are welcome to attend with an adult. This walk begins at 7:00 am and participants may depart any time prior to 11:00 a.m., if needed.
Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy walking shoes and bring along drinking water.
The address for the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center is 407 Reservoir Road, just off Leetown Road in Leetown. To search for it on Internet mapping sites, enter 407 Reservoir Road, Kearneysville, WV.
Please contact Krista Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.