- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – Spring Break Library Program: Shepherdstown Public Library
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 @ 11:00 am
This event has been cancelled in an effort to stop the spread of Covid-19.
Hero of the Jungle – Jane Goodall
Each year when students are home for spring break, we host “Passport to Nature” library programs at five different public libraries in Jefferson and Berkeley counties. This year’s theme is “Environmental Heroes.”
Throughout the week of April 6-10, children can attend these programs to learn about different environmental heroes from around the world. From Jane Goodall to John Muir, kids will learn how humans have contributed to conservation and how they can become environmental heroes themselves.
These programs are designed for kids ages 3 and up. No need to pre-register. Each program features a nature-themed book and craft. Kids will receive a “Nature Passport”, and can earn a stamp for each program they attend. Here’s an overview of the week:
- Monday, April 6 @ 10:30 a.m., Martinsburg-Berkeley Public Library
- Heroes of the U.S. – Teddy Roosevelt, John Muir, & Julia “Butterfly” Hill
- Tuesday, April 7 @ 10:30 a.m., Charles Town Library
- Heroes of the Oceans – Ken Nedimyer & Eugenie Clark
- Wednesday, April 8 @ 11:00 a.m., Shepherdstown Public Library
- Hero of the Jungle – Jane Goodall
- Thursday, April 9 @ 11:00 a.m., Bolivar-Harpers Ferry Public Library
- Hero of Kenya – Wangari Maathai
- Friday, April 10 @ 10:30 a.m., Hedgesville Public Library
- You Can Be a Hero of the Environment!
If you have any questions about our spring break library programs, get in touch with Amy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Cool Spring office at 681-252-1387.