- This event has passed.
Spring Milkweed and Native Plant/Shrub Sale
Saturday, May 30 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Orders will now be taken online with drive-thru pick-up on May 30!
What: A benefit fundraiser for Potomac Valley Audubon Society and The Monarch Alliance (TMA). This fundraiser supports the environmental activities of PVAS and TMA. In addition, your purchases also help support TMA’s Monarch Waystation Grant Program that provides over $3,000 worth of native plants for worthy projects.
When: Saturday, May 30 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: Sunny Meadows Garden Center (7437 Sharpsburg Pike, Boonsboro, MD 21713)
How to order & receive your plants:
- Review descriptions and photos of the plants we are offering at this link. They include a variety of native perennials, milkweeds, cultivars, and shrubs. If you’re looking for advice on how to design a garden for Monarch butterflies/other pollinator species, check out this helpful Garden Plan from Ann Aldrich.
- Select your plants & pay via our online order form.
- Mark your calendar for the pick-up date: Saturday, May 30 @ Sunny Meadows Garden Center.
- Arrive at Sunny Meadows to pick up your order within the timeframe that corresponds to the first initial of the last name your order was placed under; contact Admin@PotomacAudubon.org if you cannot make the set order time and alternative arrangements will be made. There is no additional charge for this pick-up arrangement.
- 10 to 11 a.m. = A – F
- 11 a.m. to 12 noon = G – L
- 12 noon to 1 p.m. = M – R
- 1 to 2 p.m. = S – Z
- Look for the Audubon and Monarch Alliance signs! Pull-up, provide your first & last name (you can even write your name on a piece of paper and show us through the window), open your trunk/hatchback/backseat and we’ll load in your ordered plants. You can then depart, or if you’d like to keep shopping, Sunny Meadows is open to the public for business.
Important items to note:
- Thursday, May 28 is the final day to place an online order.
- All online sales are final.
- Your order must be picked up on Saturday, May 30. If you haven’t picked up your order by day’s end, you’ll need to make special arrangements with Sunny Meadows to pick up within the week. If your order is not picked up within the week, all ordered plants will be donated to one of TMA’s projects.
For further information, contact Sandy Sagalkin (TMA Co-Director) at Sandy.Sagalkin@gmail.com / 240-291-6465 or KC Walters (PVAS Conservation and Land Manager) at Katelyn@PotomacAudubon.org or / 304-283-7319.