- This event has passed.
Summer Solstice Field Journaling
Saturday, June 20, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Field Journaling Guides: Joy Bridy & Carolyn Duckworth
Everyone is welcome to join this free and informative outdoor field journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration is limited to 10 participants
- Outdoor Only – the Nature Center and bathrooms will remain closed
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one)
- Participants may bring their own blanket to sit on or picnic chair of their own – none will be provided
Celebrate the beginning of summer with field journaling.
Join us at Cool Spring Preserve for a morning of field journaling, gathering observations in both words and images. We’ll be able to walk the trails, use field books as tools, and share techniques and exercises to inspire our field journal habits.
Whether you’ve been keeping field journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts. Bring your journal, any supplies you prefer, and an open mind to trying new materials and techniques. If you have field journals that you have created, bring them along to share as inspiration.
Pleas dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Please contact Krista Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.