- This event has passed.
‘Third Wednesday’ Bird Walk at Cool Spring Preserve
Wednesday, August 19, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
PVAS Trip Leader: Beth Poole
This event is free and open to the public, however, in order to follow the best practice local, state and national guidelines, registration is required and will be limited to 9 participants. Please register below.
- Registration is required and limited to 9 participants (if you are registered but no longer able to attend, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that others may attend)
- Outdoor Only (the Nature Center will be closed)
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home
- A reminder from eBird to please bird mindfully https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Join Beth Poole on her regularly scheduled ‘Third Wednesday’ bird walk at Cool Spring Preserve.
The trails at Cool Spring preserve have a lot to offer! From well maintained foot paths to gorgeous views, the preserve’s 12 acres is home to much wildlife.
Please meet by 7:00 a. m. in the front parking lot of Cool Spring Preserve, the walk will last a couple of hours.
Species likely to be seen in August include Yellow Breasted Chats, Yellow Warblers, Red Bellied Woodpecker, Ruby Throated Hummingbird, Eastern Wood-Pewee, Carolina Chickadee, Eastern Bluebird, Eastern Phoebe, Carolina Wren, and many more!
Anyone with an interest is welcome to come along, regardless of their birding skills.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387.
Children ages 12 and up will be welcome but they must be accompanied by an adult.
Participants should wear sturdy footwear, dress appropriately for the prevailing weather conditions, and bring along water. Binoculars will be available for anyone who needs them.
The trip may be cancelled in the event of bad weather.