- This event has passed.
Winter Solstice Nature Journaling at Morgan’s Grove Park
Saturday, December 19, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This event has reached its capacity and registration is now closed. Thank you for your interest in PVAS’s Nature Journaling Gathering. These will be held monthly in 2021 so please check our calendar after the new year and join us for a future gathering!
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place around the pavilion and on the trails of the park.
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own blanket to sit on or picnic chair of their own for use on the trails while journaling.
Embrace the changing seasons with nature journaling!
With Winter Solstice coming upon us, come celebrate the changing seasons at Morgan’s Grove Park. This small community park with a freshwater spring at it’s heart has a lovely ribbon of meandering wetland to explore, as well as a walking trail along woodland edgelands, and a fine collection of large Ash trees, including the third largest in West Virginia.
Come with your nature journal supplies, a chair (if you’d like), and water. We’ll meet at the pavilion, meander the trails and fields at our own pace, and eventually return again to the pavilion to add details to our work and share techniques and exercises to inspire our nature journal habits.
Whether you’ve been keeping journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts.
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring bug spray and water, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring binoculare and/or loupe for observation.
- Bring your own chair for use out in the park, if you would like one.
Please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.