Join PVAS for the tenth annual 2019 Ruth Ann Dean Memorial Birdathon!
Here’s how to get involved:
- Gather a team (2-5 members), or choose to compete as an individual.
- Choose a 24-hour time period during the weekend of May 11 – 12, 2019.
- Register HERE.
- See how many birds you can spot anywhere within PVAS’s service area (Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan Counties in West Virginia and Washington County, Maryland). If you prefer to stay in one place, you can also participate in a “Big Sit.” In this case, you count as many bird species as possible within a fifty-foot diameter circle of your choosing within the chosen 24-hour time period.
- Submit your bird list (or ebird list) to our Adult Programs Coordinator, Krista Hawley (AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org).
- Come to the annual membership meeting on June 1st where winners will be announced and prizes distributed (there will be prizes for ‘most birds seen’, as well as ‘most money raised’ in the following categories: Birdathon, Big Sit, Family, and Youth). Winners will also be announced in Valley Views and the Heads Up e-newsletter.
- While there is no entry fee for Birdathon, this event is a fundraising effort, as participants are asked to take donations or pledges on behalf of their team. To make a donation, complete the form below (if you wish to pay by check, make checks payable to ‘PVAS’ and send to: PO Box 578, Shepherdstown WV 25443; please enter the name of the team you are supporting on the memo line of the check).
If you have any additional questions about Birdathon, contact Krista at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org or (681) 252-1387.
See these files for rules and further details: