updated August 18th, 2021
Dear Members and Friends,
We are continuing to offer outdoor, small group, in-person programs with special guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and the Delta Variant. The best way to stay updated on our upcoming activities is by regularly checking the PVAS website calendar and Facebook page because of the ever-changing guidelines and safety measures, as well as each field trip/bird walk leaders’ comfort level and the policies of various sites.
It continues to be a great time to take a hike at PVAS’s preserves! We suggest you bring along a mask for those moments our trails or activities do not allow for 6′ physical distancing to keep everyone safe.
Here are a few things for you to know about the preserves:
- The trails at all our nature preserves are open from dawn to dusk.
- The nature center at Cool Spring Preserve is closed to the general public, but we now have a portable toilet in the parking lot for visitor use. It is cleaned professionally weekly.
- One restroom at Yankauer Preserve is now opened to the public and cleaned professionally every other week. (In June it will be cleaned 2x’s a week in anticipation of increased use.)
- One Restroom at Yankauer Preserve is now open to the public and cleaned professionally every other week.
- Eidolon has a portable toilet at the top of the mountain that is cleaned professionally weekly.
We will continue to monitor emails and phone messages remotely. The PVAS staff are working hard to move our mission forward!
If you’d like to support our efforts to serve the local community and environment, please consider making an online tax-deductible donation to our organization today. You can also support us by becoming a member of Potomac Valley Audubon Society. Your support means the world to us!
Stay healthy and safe,
PVAS Team: Kristin, Amy, Krista, KC, Laurel and Hannah