Potomac Valley Audubon Society
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information and Procedures
PVAS has developed policies and procedures for program operations based on CDC, state, and local health guidelines. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact. Federal and state authorities recommend physical distancing as a means to prevent the spread of the virus. Participating in our programs could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. PVAS in no way warrants that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in our programs or accessing PVAS facilities.
- Require participants to wear a mask when entering the building and when in close proximity to others
- Promote healthy hygiene practices
- Intensify cleaning and disinfection of shared supplies
- Promote physical distancing of at least 6 feet between staff and participants
- Disinfect bathrooms after every use
- Provide programs that are entirely outdoors
I agree to abide by the following procedures and policies established by PVAS:
- I understand that members of my household CANNOT attend if they or any individual in my household has been diagnosed with COVID- 19, has COVID-19 symptoms, or has had exposure in the last 10 days to COVID-19
- I will alert PVAS if anyone in my household has symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, shortness of breath or persistent dry cough, in the 72 hours prior to the start of the program or throughout the course of the program.
- I understand that the program may need to be cancelled on short notice due to government order, participant or staff illness, or other emergency.
- I understand that if I or others I register cannot attend for any of the reasons listed above
- I understand that PVAS will follow, to the best of its ability, the safety protocols enumerated above.
- I will alert PVAS if anyone in my household shows symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19 within a 10 day period after the program ends.
- I understand that any participants are required to wear masks outside when social distancing cannot be maintained as well as when entering the building.
- I understand that if PVAS must shorten the program experience for any of the reasons listed above, I will receive a partial refund.
I understand that if PVAS becomes aware of any other participants or staff participating in the program who contracted COVID-19 within a 10-day period after the program ends, I will be alerted.