Nature Journaling Gathering at Ferry Hill Plantation
Saturday, May 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place at Ferry Hill Plantation
- Masks must be worn when in close physical contact
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines when possible
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own picnic chair for use on the trails while journaling.
Capture Images of Spring through Nature Journaling!
With wildflowers in full bloom, and migrating birds sally-gleaning from the treetops, we’ll turn our senses loose at the Ferry Hill Plantation. Known for prolific and beautiful and diverse spring ephemerals, the property overlooks the Potomac River at Shepherstown, and is surrounded by rolling and meandering woodland trails. We’ll meet at the porch on the south side of the house to share prompts and inspiration, meander the trails at our own pace, and eventually return again to talk about what we experienced and add details to our work.
More information about Ferry Hill Plantation (including directions) is available here: https://www.canaltrust.org/pyv/ferry-hill-plantation/
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring water, and wear warm, comfortable walking shoes/boots.
- Bring binoculars and/or loupe for observation.
- Bring your own chair for use out in the preserve, if you would like one.
Please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.