- This event has passed.
‘Third Wednesday’ Bird Walk at Cool Spring Preserve
Wednesday, May 19 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
This walk’s registration was full, however we have now opened three additional spaces. Going forward, registration for Beth Poole’s ‘Third Wednesday’ Bird Walks will now allow 12 participants. Masks and physical distancing will still be observed.
Please contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you are having difficulties registering.
PVAS Trip Leader: Beth Poole
This event is free and open to the public, however registration is required and limited to 12 participants. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required and limited to 12 participants (if you can no longer attend, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that others may attend)
- Outdoor only
- We encourage masks be worn when in a group setting
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines when possible
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home
- A reminder from eBird to please bird mindfully: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Join Beth Poole on her regularly scheduled ‘Third Wednesday’ bird walk at Cool Spring Preserve.
The trails at Cool Spring preserve have a lot to offer! From well maintained foot paths to gorgeous views, the preserve’s 12 acres is home to much wildlife.
Please meet by 7:00 am in the front parking lot of Cool Spring Preserve, the walk will last a couple of hours.
Species likely to be seen in May include Indigo Bunting, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Warbling Vireo, Orchard Oriole, Baltimore Oriole, and Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Anyone with an interest is welcome to come along, regardless of their birding skills. Registration is required.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387.
Children ages 12 and up will be welcome but they must be accompanied by an adult.
Participants should wear sturdy footwear, dress appropriately for the prevailing weather conditions, and bring along water. Binoculars will be available for anyone who needs them.
The trip may be cancelled in the event of bad weather.