- This event has passed.
Nature Journaling Gathering at Stauffer’s Marsh Preserve
Saturday, March 20, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Field Journaling Guide: Joy Bridy
PVMN Continuing Education Eligible
Everyone is welcome to join this free, outdoor nature journaling gathering, regardless of their journaling experience. However, registration is required and limited to 10 participants; please register below.
PVAS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our community. In order to do this, we are implementing the following WV State Guidelines for this gathering. Please read them carefully and contact Krista Hawley at AdultPrograms@PotomacAudubon.org if you have any questions:
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Outdoor only – gathering will take place on the trails of Stauffer’s Marsh Preserve
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting.
- Respect the 6 feet apart/physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants must bring their own ‘tools’ (pencil(s) and journal/pad of paper recommended, field journal if you have one).
- Participants may bring their own picnic chair for use on the trails while journaling.
Capture the Emergence of Spring through Nature Journaling!
With the excitement of early spring upon us, join us at Stauffer’s Marsh as we explore the marsh edges returning to life after a long winter. We’ll be looking for early migrating birds as well as changes in the water’s edge plants and insects, as well as any early changes in tree buds and meadow plants. Stauffer’s Marsh is also a good place to follow tracks of foxes and rabbits if there is snow, or even in a bit of mud.
Late winter is splendid, no matter the weather, so dress for the weather, and tune in to your senses. Come with your nature journal supplies, a chair (if you’d like), and water. We’ll meet near the parking lot in the main open space to share prompts and say hello, meander the trails and fields at our own pace, and eventually return again to the same spot to add details to our work and share inspiration.
Whether you’ve been keeping journals for years, or a budding beginner, we welcome you to come out and put pencil to paper in the company of other enthusiasts.
More information about Stauffer’s Marsh (including directions) is available here: https://www.potomacaudubon.org/preserves/stauffers-marsh/
- Bring your journal and any supplies you prefer.
- Dress for the weather, bring water, and wear warm, comfortable walking shoes/boots.
- Bring binoculars and/or loupe for observation.
- Bring your own chair for use out in the preserve, if you would like one.
Please contact Krista Hawley at email@example.com or 681-252-1387 with any questions you may have.