- This event has passed.
St. Patrick’s Day ‘Third Wednesday’ Bird Walk at Cool Spring Preserve
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
PVAS Trip Leader: Beth Poole
This event is free and open to the public, however, in order to follow the best practice local, state and national guidelines, registration is required and limited to 9 participants. Please register below and note the following guidelines:
- Registration is required and limited to 9 participants (if you can no longer attend, please notify email@example.com so that others may attend)
- Outdoor only (no bathrooms will be available)
- Masks must be worn when in a group setting
- Respect the 6 feet+ apart/physical distancing guidelines
- If you are sick or have been sick within the past two weeks (or been around anyone else that is sick), please stay home
- A reminder from eBird to please bird mindfully: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Beth Poole on her ‘Third Wednesday’ bird walk at Cool Spring Preserve.
The trails at Cool Spring preserve have a lot to offer! From well maintained foot paths to gorgeous views, the preserve’s 12 acres is home to much wildlife.
Please meet by 7:00 a.m. in the front parking lot of Cool Spring Preserve, the walk will last a couple of hours.
Species likely to be seen in March include Red-bellied Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, Brown Thrasher and Gray Catbird.
Anyone with an interest is welcome to come along, regardless of their birding skills.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Krista Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-252-1387.
Children ages 12 and up will be welcome but they must be accompanied by an adult.
Participants should wear sturdy footwear, dress appropriately for the prevailing weather conditions, and bring along water. Binoculars will be available for anyone who needs them.
The trip may be cancelled in the event of bad weather.